We decided late last year that it was a no-brainer to help fund the rogue-like massacre simulator, Ascendant (a successful Kickstarter project from Hapa Games), after toying around with the rough alpha at a Central Florida indie game showcase.
One of the perks we received was a request for input on an in-game weapon that impales enemies, with damage increasing for each additional kill.
It may be nameless still (working title: The Headmasher), but when wielding the monster hammer, the in-game music will switch to tracks chosen by us, and we’re letting you in on the process!
- Music must be original, unsigned and unlicensed.
- Music must not contain offensive lyrics.
- Music must be inspired by the weapon and game lore.
How To Enter:
- Submit your track to email@example.com
- Include your name, band name, track inspiration and any other relevant information.
- *Bonus* Vote YES for Ascendant on Steam Greenlight.
How To Win:
- HBnBM will evaluate all entries and choose the best tracks to represent the weapon
- Multiple tracks will be chosen.
- Winners will be announced on March 15, 2014
- Your music will play while the weapon is equipped.
- Your name will be featured in the game’s credits.
- We will post the winners on our site and promote links to your work.
Well then, which songs would inspire you to go on a monster-slaying kill streak in this mythical warrior side scroller?
Submit your tracks and get into the game! (Literally.)
* Contributors from HBnBM participating in the contest will be subjected to the same rules and guidelines as other contestants.
Watch it LIVE:
On February 27th at 9pm EST, we’ll be chatting with the developers from Hapa Games and streaming the latest Ascendant beta live on our Twitch channel. Feel free to stop by and ask them some affable, or embarrassing, questions.